You are welcome with your UAV in Hungary, but you have to ask for a permit for every flight you gonna make (30 days in front). 


Maximum take-off weight: No limit

Maximum hight: 150 meters / 492 ft

Maximum horizontal distance:  Keep the UAV always in visual sight

Minimum Age: - 

Insurance: Obligated, you must show the English Insurance papers when asked by Police (Rendörség)

Distance Airports / Heliports: 10 km / 6,4 mi. from Airports and 6 km 3.7 mi from Heliports

Night flights:  Prohibited

Prohibited: Citycenters of Boedapest, Pécs, Györ, Miskolc en Lake of Héviz. Penalty by Violation: 2 years imprisonment & EUR 2,500.- fine


Useful link: Hungary General Directorate Air Transport

Registration form: Download the form fill it in for every flight and send it to:


Contact information:  

Ministry of Innovation and Technology

Aviation Supervisory Department

Remotely Piloted Aircraft Unit   

2220 Vecsés, Lincoln street 1. Quadrum Office

Mailing address: 1440 Budapest, Pf. 1.

Phone: +36-1-273-5527 Mobil: +36-70-967-30-44

E-mail: Web:


The email we received from the ministery: 


Dear DroneOpReis / WorldDroneRules,

Regarding to your e-mail I would like to summarize the current situation regarding drone operations in Hungary.

Unfortunately there is no specific legislation regulating drone operations in Hungary so currently every drone operation is allowed only in a so called Temporary Segregated AirSpace (in Hungarian Eseti légtér engedély).This permit is belong to the scope of Hungarian Military Aviation Authority. The request for the Air Space must be send to Military Aviation Authority at least 30 days before the event. The form which must to fill and their phone number can be found on the following link.

(Their phone number is +36/1/474-12-74 if you have any additional question.)  

If you wishes to use your drone only for recreational purpose only need the above mentioned permit and the insurance of the UAV but please keep these documents with you during the operation.

But if you intend to use it for aerial work once you received the airspace permit then you must notify to CAA ( on the form that I also attach but you can also download from the link below (notification form is available in English).

 About restricted areas you can find information in the Hungarian AIP. (